LOCATION: Hurlburt Field, FL
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday with core hours of 0900 – 1500 except for Federal Holidays
TRAVEL: 25% to CONUS and OCONUS non-hazardous locations in support of MTTs
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: SECRET
All personnel will support the following tasks:
• Coordinate exercise injects for training and operational events with the exercise director
during the JELC process to ensure correct execution at the designated time.
• Provide support to ensure the currency, maintenance and sustainment of the SJFC capability to
include networking with other devices utilizing standard High Level Architecture (HLA) and
Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) protocols.
• Using simulation software, create realistic scenarios based on current
SOF TTPs, operations and after action review (AAR) to support the full range of capabilities and
integration into distributive training/ exercises and operational events.
• Support the integration of computer generated forces to provide an opposing threat.
• Deploy as members of a mobile training team to support training venues and exercises
SOF JOINT FIRES SPECIALIST TASKS AND REQUIRED SKILLS/
• Provide support for effective training, orientation and familiarization for ground personnel to
conduct fire support and emergency CAS procedures. Educate JTACs on the capabilities associated
with the AC-130 gunship and other SOF aviation assets Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTP).
• Integrate AC-130 gunship crew interface with JTAC trainees replicating USSOCOM approved TTPs.
• Support AC-130 gunship proficiency, incorporating updates to the corresponding gunship TTPs.
• Produce and maintain grade sheets for all CAS controls in order for uniform services’ JTAC/
SOTAC/TACP/JFO personnel to stay qualified.
• Participation in scenarios as a JTAC to provide quality control for basic scenarios through full mission profile events. Provide recommendations to database modelers and virtual model
architects to adjust entities to better improve scenario performance.
Required Skills/Qualifications – Intermediate:
• Prior Active Duty SOF JTAC within past five years in the rank of E6 to E7
• Combined 10 years of Special Operations experience.
• 3 years’ experience in engineering the connectivity between simulation models, live forces,
virtual simulators, and real world C4I systems.
• JTAC school graduate and have received certification within the past 2 years with knowledge of joint fire (JFIRE) TTP
• 2 years’ experience in replicating intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance in M&S
environment; knowledge of current SOF TTPs (currently published in AFTTP 3-1/3-2) is preferred
• 5 years’ experience in joint operations and tactical and operational-level SOF planning.
SECRET Clearance required on Day 1 of performance