LOCATION: Hurlburt Field, FL
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday with core hours of 0900 – 1500 except for Federal Holidays TRAVEL: 25% to
CONUS and OCONUS non-hazardous locations in support of MTTs CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: SECRET
All personnel will support the
• Coordinate exercise injects for training and operational events with the exercise director
during the JELC process to ensure correct execution at the designated time.
• Provide support to ensure the currency, maintenance and sustainment of the SJFC capability to
include networking with other devices utilizing standard High Level Architecture (HLA) and
Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) protocols.
• Using simulation software, create realistic scenarios based on current SOF TTPs, operations and after action review (AAR) to support the full range of capabilities and
integration into distributive training/ exercises and operational events.
• Support the integration of computer generated forces to provide an opposing threat.
• Deploy as members of a mobile training team to support training venues & exercises.
MODELING AND SIMULATION SPECIALIST TASKS AND REQUIRED SKILLS/
• Review enumerations and models for future training events to ensure there are no defects.
• Translate or map enumerations and models to simulated training environment.
• Architect virtual models to ensure they accurately reflect commander’s directives.
• Implement training/exercise scenario development and scripting into simulation software.
Required Skills/Qualifications – Intermediate:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field
• 6 years working experience in a Computer Science or IT related field
• 3 years’ experience in operating, troubleshooting and maintaining M&S training software
(JLVC, JTLS, JCATS, AWSIM, VBS3, VRSG, ASSET) in support of individual and collective SOF
training and exercise requirements.
• 3 years’ experience configuring and resolving M&S interoperability issues between multiple
• 3 years’ experience monitoring large scale exercise and training events (MAJCOM/COCOM- level)
for M&S anomalies and their associated resolution.
• 3 years’ experience applying DIS Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization (SISO)
standard within M&S.
• 3 years’ experience documenting M&S configuration, baseline configuration, and proposed changes for management review.
• Possess and maintain relevant certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M (Appendix 3 IAT Level II)