Required Knowledge I Skills I Abilities
• Applicable degree(s): Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Database Administration, Data Science, Engineering, IT Management, Mathematics, or Statistics (or another quantitative field).
• Minimum five (S) years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, and familiarity with:
o Statistical and data mining techniques (Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.);
o Querying databases and using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.); o Using web services (Redshift, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.); and
o Creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics (regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.).
o These five (S) years may be concurrent with requisite years of experience.
• Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Proven ability to drive business results with data-based insights.
• Demonstrated expertise with developing and implementing data management strategies, processes, and technical solutions.
• Demonstrated expertise with one of the key data management knowledge areas: data management, data quality, metadata management, data governance, data modeling and design, data storage and operations, data integration and operability, document and content management, reference and master data.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to conduct independent research, filter and synthesize data, and produce clear, logical, and concise recommendations to policy and decision-making data management and governance professionals.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently and in a team or collaborative environment, to work with all levels of employees from support staff to senior leadership, and to be proactive and responsive in communicating with all stakeholders.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers (Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.).
• Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using (Periscope, Business Objects, etc.).
• Demonstrated expertise managing competing priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail; demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leaders in a high profile and demanding office.
• Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, including the demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify needs and requirements, and develop recommendations and solutions.
• Outstanding leadership and managerial capabilities, including the ability to effectively direct tasking, and assess and manage performance.
• Knowledge of the IC, ODNI, DoD, and the overall national security apparatus.
• Assist the Government to mine and analyze data from various databases to drive optimization and improvement of strategy and policy development.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets. Recommend, develop and support implementation of best practices for standardizing data across its lifecycle through engineering, development and governance.
• Advise on a range of Enterprise and IC data management matters through their application of substantive, analytical, operational, program management, and/or IC expertise.
Required Education and Experience
• Expert Level Must have:
? Masters + 10 yrs experience, OR BA + 12 yrs experience, OR,AA +14 yrs experience, OR No degree +20 yrs
• Senior Level Must Have:
? Masters + 8 yrs experience, OR BA +10 yrs, OR AA +12 yrs, OR No degree +18 yrs
• Mid-Level Must Have:
? Masters + 2yrs, OR BA +4 yrs, OR AA +6 yrs