Required Knowledge I Skills I Abilities
• Applicable degree(s): Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Database Administration, Data Science, Engineering, IT Management, Mathematics, or Statistics (or another quantitative field).
• Minimum five (S) years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, and familiarity with:
o Statistical and data mining techniques (Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.);
o Querying databases and using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.); o Using web services (Redshift, Spark, Digital Ocean, etc.); and
o Creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics (regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.).
o These five (S) years may be concurrent with requisite years of experience.
• Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Proven ability to drive business results with data-based insights.
• Demonstrated expertise with developing and implementing data management strategies, processes, and technical solutions.
• Demonstrated expertise with one of the key data management knowledge areas: data management, data quality, metadata management, data governance, data modeling and design, data storage and operations, data integration and operability, document and content management, reference and master data.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to conduct independent research, filter and synthesize data, and produce clear, logical, and concise recommendations to policy and decision-making data management and governance professionals.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently and in a team or collaborative environment, to work with all levels of employees from support staff to senior leadership, and to be proactive and responsive in communicating with all stakeholders.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Ability to understand U.S. Federal Government business needs, with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• manage the NCSC and community databases to ensure system availability, readiness and responsiveness; and reduce vulnerabilities in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures
• monitor, review, assess, analyze, maintain, and configure, test, report, and document database conditions to ensure availability, effective change management, and successful database development for the Sponsor to include:
o Assist with managing and maintaining clearance reciprocity systems;
o Managing database access;
o Developing simulations and exercises to test readiness responses and communication channels;
o Responding to user requests for assistance in database integration and development;
o Developing new databases, as required, and updating existing databases.
Required Education and Experience
• Expert Level Must have:
? Masters + 10 yrs experience, OR BA + 12 yrs experience, OR,AA +14 yrs experience, OR No degree +20 yrs
• Senior Level Must Have:
? Masters + 8 yrs experience, OR BA +10 yrs, OR AA +12 yrs, OR No degree +18 yrs
• Mid-Level Must Have:
? Masters + 2yrs, OR BA +4 yrs, OR AA +6 yrs