Required Knowledge I Skills I Abilities
• Applicable degree(s): Architecture, Civil Engineering, Counterintelligence, Criminal Justice (or related field), Electrical Engineering, Logistics, Security, or a technical discipline.
• Demonstrated expertise of security related functions within the IC.
• Strong analytical skills, including construction analysis, with concentration on the IC in evaluating physical, technical, procedural, counterintelligence and countermeasures
• Experience with diplomatic building structures, systems and technical countermeasures along with their associated maintenance procedures.
• Experience managing and applying processes I standards for secure Federal facility
• Project planning, blocking and stacking, design, and construction.
• Experience with DoS OSPB 12 Foreign Affairs Handbook (FAH)-6 standards dealing with political violence, indigenous, and transnational terrorism.
• Experience conducting liaison with Intelligence Community (IC) agencies and Department of State (DoS)
• In-depth knowledge of all phases of OSPB security standards with detailed knowledge of Personnel Security, Counterintelligence Awareness, and Physical Security standards.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with representatives at all levels and to manage competing priorities.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to perform periodic travel both domestically and overseas, as required. Overseas Federal experience highly desired.
• Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to integrate security architecture and protocols through enterprise-wide coordination.
• Excellent attention to detail skills.
• Demonstrated strong diversity awareness, understanding and respect for cultural differences.
Desired Knowledge I Skills I Abilities
• Experience with threat environment and overseas security operations, with detailed familiarity of and concentration on China and Russia.
• Knowledge of applicable federal laws, Presidential Directives, Executive Orders, and ICD policies affecting diplomatic security at overseas posts in the following disciplines: physical security, technical security, cyber security, and counterintelligence awareness.
• Strong written and oral communications skills with thorough knowledge of technical editing.
• Provide recommendations to the Government on facility designs regarding the storage of sensitive materials, existing and updating security procedures, and security standards.
• Provide assessments to develop security policies, prepare reports, and ensure security policies are current
Required Education and Experience
• Expert Level Must have:
? Masters + 10 yrs experience, OR BA + 12 yrs experience, OR,AA +14 yrs experience, OR No degree +20 yrs
• Senior Level Must Have:
? Masters + 8 yrs experience, OR BA +10 yrs, OR AA +12 yrs, OR No degree +18 yrs
• Mid-Level Must Have:
? Masters + 2yrs, OR BA +4 yrs, OR AA +6 yrs