Mission Essential is currently seeking a Program Manager who has a current and comprehensive understanding of the Special Operations Command and also possesses the capability to run a multi-million dollar program that operates both CONUS and OCONUS. The PM’s initial responsibilities prior to award will include helping to shape a pending RFP as well as assisting with expanding the MEP brand within the USSOCOM community. The PM will vet and select Task Order leads to be bid on the program and will be an integral and critical part of the team crafting both the management and the technical solution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Aid in the development of products that market MEP’s capabilities to the USSOCOM account, such as white papers, customer meetings, and various other methods of marketing.
• Assist in the development of a proposal once an RFP has been released
• Supervise all contractor personnel during the period of the contract including the locations and assignments of all site managers
• Serve as MEP’s representative to the customer on customer site (TBD, either Tampa, FL or Fayetteville, NC.)
• PM will work closely with COR, KO, and various other elements within USSOCOM
• Organize, direct, and coordinate planning and implementation of all subcontractor activities once contract has been awarded
• Direct activities of personnel performing on the contract to ensure task order cost, schedule, and performance requirements are accomplished; include the direct and indirect management of employees and contractors to include hire/fire, performance management, coaching, etc.
• Formulate and enforce work standards, assign schedules, and review work discrepancies of all personnel performing on the task order, and directly supervise on site USSOCOM LSS personnel working on the task order
• Interface with Government on any issues which may arise during the contract period of performance
• Draft technical execution and management plans for proposals; draft project operational security plans, progress reports, training plans, reporting metrics, and task order management plans
• Initiate projects by creating a baseline and conducting an internal kick-off meeting, and external kick-off conferences with the U.S. Government and foreign coalition forces
• Design and write project plans based on the Delivery Orders and Performance Work Statements, to include work breakdown structures with individual roles and responsibilities
• Develop Project spend plans and manage monthly budgets
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree is required
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience managing personnel within DoD or equivalent government agencies, preferably in a program management role; minimum of 5 years at the operational level
• The PM requires a Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance and must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to travel to various customer sites both CONUS and OCONUS on a regular basis
• Must possess the ability to edit, draft and write various types of project documents, reports, and memos
• Must be able to work with minimal direction, to multi-task across multiple customers and divergent mission sets, meet stringent deadlines, and set priorities in keeping with USSOCOM Program standards and expectations
• Should be proficient in utilizing basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent