Mission Essential is currently seeking a Weapons Safety Manager to provide explosives site planning analyses and submittals of proposed European Deterrence Initiative (EDI) projects at U.S. and foreign nation installations. The successful candidate will:
• Develop Explosives Safety Siting (ESS) software data sets for quantity distance analysis and produce explosive safety site plans for submittal to the DoD Explosives Safety Board.
• He/she will perform on-site surveys of installations to collect data on munitions capabilities and limiting factors affecting explosives storage and operational capabilities, applying both US DoD explosives safety standards and foreign nation application of NATO Allied Ammunition Storage and Transport Publication explosives safety quantity distance requirements.
• He/she will provide recommendations for actions to be taken to reduce explosives related risks based on identification of potential explosives site and exposed site paired-relationships to determine quantity distance criteria, and work with Air Force Civil Engineering Center, USAFE Civil Engineering, and contracted project teams to ensure requirements are met.
• The successful candidate will review design drawings, projects, and construction drawings for compliance with explosive safety, attending design meetings, providing comments/corrections to design teams, and ensuring that the features required by the explosive safety program are included in submittals and designs.
• Master's degree in a related field and 6 years of recent specialized experience; OR Bachelor's degree in a related field and 9 years of recent specialized experience; OR 13 years of recent specialized experience
• SECRET security clearance
Anticipated Work Schedule
Core hours, Monday through Friday