Relevant Years of Experience: 3-5+ years of experience generally needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Core Skills (must be able to demonstrate in a resume): Interpretation, Translation into English, Translation into Target Language, Transcription into English, and Transcription into Source Language
Ancillary Skills (must be able to demonstrate in a resume): Summarizing/Gisting, Blogging, Editing, Monitoring, Quality Control, Translation Related Services, Writing Reports, Terminology Management
Areas of Expertise (must be able to demonstrate in a resume): Counter-Proliferation, Counter-Terrorism, Cyber, Military, Narcotics
Clearance Needed to Submit Application: TS/SCI – Candidates with a strong background may be considered for a clearance submission
• Candidates will qualify at different levels: Primary, Senior, and Expert based on the scores they receive during customer testing. Individuals who have previously scored ILR 3 or higher for target language and English are ideal candidates.
• Excellent Target Language and English skills are an absolute must.
• Successful candidates must be able to travel to Northern Virginia to take a Government Proctored Translation Language exam.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen (cannot have Dual Citizenship)
• Ability to work as a team
• Ability to give/receive constructive feedback on translation reviews
• Must be able to type no less than 45wpm in English and in the target language
• Must be Proficient in Microsoft office suite
• Must be able to qualify on weapons to meet WZ requirements if needed
• Medically fit to travel if needed for a TDY mission if needed
• Willingness to travel to meet changing mission needs - "anywhere, anytime"
• Must have cultural knowledge and be knowledgeable in current events for their area of expertise
• All candidates must pass and English test with a score of 80% or above, testing your understanding of Grammar and Reading Comprehension