Mission Essential is seeking Urdu Linguists with native and contemporary language, social, and cultural expertise to support a dynamic intelligence program covering a U.S. national security issue. Ideal candidates will have a background in media production or researching media trends and performing media analysis. Core tasks involve review of open source reporting and broadcasts for translation and transcriptions into English. In addition, translation and interpretation from source language into English and the reverse are required.
Relevant Years of Experience: 3-5+ years of experience generally needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Core Skills (must be able to demonstrate in a resume): Interpretation, Translation into English, Translation into Target Language, Transcription into English, and Transcription into Source Language
Ancillary Skills (must be able to demonstrate in a resume): Summarizing/Gisting, Blogging, Editing, Monitoring, Quality Control, Translation Related Services, Writing Reports, Terminology Management
Areas of Expertise (must be able to demonstrate in a resume): Counter-Terrorism, Economics, and Religion
Clearance Needed to Submit Application: TS/SCI – Candidates with a strong background may be considered for a clearance submission
• Candidates will qualify at different levels: Primary, Senior, and Expert based on the scores they receive during customer testing. Individuals who have previously scored ILR 3 or higher for target language and English are ideal candidates.
• Excellent Target Language and English skills are an absolute must.
• Successful candidates must be able to travel to Northern Virginia to take a Government Proctored Translation Language exam.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen (cannot have Dual Citizenship)
• Ability to work as a team
• Ability to give/receive constructive feedback on translation reviews
• Must be able to type no less than 45wpm in English and in the target language
• Must be Proficient in Microsoft office suite
• Must be able to qualify on weapons to meet WZ requirements if needed
• Medically fit to travel if needed for a TDY mission if needed
• Willingness to travel to meet changing mission needs - "anywhere, anytime"
• Must have cultural knowledge and be knowledgeable in current events for their area of expertise
• All candidates must pass and English test with a score of 80% or above, testing your understanding of Grammar and Reading Comprehension