Monitor – Listen to or read communications and perform immediate verbal summaries. Provide typed summary of verbal summary.
Translate – Accurately translate orally (consecutive and/or simultaneous) a wide variety of complex texts, conversations, and recordings from Hebrew into Standard English. Accurately capture cultural subtleties, nuance, and emphasis.
• Identify and flawlessly summarize all pertinent factual information and abstract concepts, recognizing the significance of complex expressions, such as colloquial text or technical terminology
• Triage documentation to isolate the full-range of information that is of importance to the task at hand; master the use of, and assist in the development of, reference materials
Transcribe – Render verbatim spoken language into the written form of the same language, then transcribe the original language into written English. Review oral material and transcribe information with a high-degree of accuracy and expression. Should possess an excellent understanding of one or more regional dialects of language.
Interpret – Translate orally, either consecutively or simultaneously, from language to English and take detailed notes concerning the content of the conversation(s).
In addition, each Analytic Linguist shall have the capability to:
• Understands all styles/forms of speech, including sociolinguistic and cultural references
• Demonstrated ability and aptitude with latest software programs (including MS Word)
• Ability to use analytic skills and critical thinking to process large quantities of information in order to detect important data
Requirements: Hebrew Analytic Linguists must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate fluently in the English language and Hebrew (including any dialects) in the four basic communications skills (listening, reading, writing, and speaking).
• Must score a minimum of 3/3 in Language (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) as measured by Member of the Interagency Language Roundtable *Certification as a Court Interpreter by the Administrative Office of the US Courts is acceptable as long as you are actively working
• Must have 3-5 years of translation or interpretation experience
• Must be a U.S. Citizen cable to successfully complete a government sponsored security clearance
• Must have lived in the US in the last three (3) years
• Must type 40-50 wpm
• Must have good credit
• Full-Time and Part Time On-Call (PTOC) work available
• Must be willing to travel throughout the local region