Relevant Years of Experience: 3-10+ years of experience generally needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Some candidates will have to have attended some level of higher education in their Native Country AS WELL as the U.S.
Core Skills (must be able to demonstrate in a resume some or all of the following): Interpretation, Transcription into English, Transcription into target language, Translation into English, and Translation into Target language.
Ancillary Skills (must be able to demonstrate some or all of the following in a resume): Blogging, Collection, Content Management, Editing, Language Training, Monitoring, Quality Control, Scanning, Selection, Subject Matter Expert, Summarizing/Gisting, Terminology Management, Triage, Writing Analysis, Writing Reports, and Workflow
Areas of Expertise (must be able to demonstrate some or all in a resume): Counter proliferation, counterterrorism, Cyber, Economics, Geospatial, legal/law, Military, Narcotics, religion, Science and Technology, and sponsor operations.
Clearance Needed to submit application: Preference given to candidates who already have a clearance. However, all candidates who are deemed eligible, may be considered.
• Candidates will qualify at different levels: Primary, Senior, and Expert based on the scores they receive during customer testing. Individuals who have previously scored ILR 3 or higher for target language and English are ideal candidates.
• Excellent Target Language understanding and the ability to translate to English is an absolute must.
• Successful candidates must be able to travel to Northern Virginia to take a Government Proctored Translation Language exam.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen (cannot have Dual Citizenship)
• Ability to work as a team
• Ability to give/receive constructive feedback on translation reviews
• Must be able to type no less than 45wpm in English and in the target language
• Must be Proficient in Microsoft office suite
• Must be able to qualify on weapons to meet WZ requirements (if needed)
• Medically fit to travel if needed for a TDY mission (if needed)
• Willingness to travel to meet changing mission needs - "anywhere, anytime"
• Must have cultural knowledge and be knowledgeable in current events for their area of expertise
• All candidates must pass and English grammar and comprehension as a preliminary test.