Monitor – Listen to or read communications and perform immediate verbal summaries. Provide typed summary of verbal summary.
Translate – Accurately translate orally (consecutive and/or simultaneous) a wide variety of complex texts, conversations, and recordings from Spanish into Standard English. Accurately capture cultural subtleties, nuance, and emphasis.
• Identify and flawlessly summarize all pertinent factual information and abstract concepts, recognizing the significance of complex expressions, such as colloquial text or technical terminology
• Triage documentation to isolate the full-range of information that is of importance to the task at hand; master the use of, and assist in the development of, reference materials
Transcribe – Render verbatim spoken language into the written form of the same language, then transcribe the original language into written English. Review oral material and transcribe information with a high-degree of accuracy and expression. Should possess an excellent understanding of one or more regional dialects of language.
Interpret – Translate orally, either consecutively or simultaneously, from Spanish to English and take detailed notes concerning the content of the conversation(s).
In addition, each Analytic Linguist shall have the capability to:
• Understands all styles/forms of speech, including sociolinguistic and cultural references
• Demonstrated ability and aptitude with latest software programs (including MS Word)
• Ability to use analytic skills and critical thinking to process large quantities of information in order to detect important data