DescriptionMission Essential is accepting applications for candidates who speak, read, and write in Swahili and English to provide foreign language interpretation and translation services in support of AFRICOM.
- Support their assigned unit up to 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day which can be extended to 12 hours or longer depending on mission requirements.
- Read, write, and speak in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation the required in Swahili and English at a minimum of 3 on the ILR scale.
- Have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translation and interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
- Have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
- Have the ability to serve customer operations as necessary.
- Have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress.
- Have the ability to function as an integral member of a team of highly trained professionals responsible for the safety and security of U.S. forces, U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and facilities/resources.
- US Citizen.
- Score a minimum ILR level 3 Swahili and English, Interpretation and Translation
- ACTIVE U.S. SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION