DescriptionMission Essential is accepting applications for candidates who speak, read, and write in Swahili and English to provide foreign language interpretation and translation services to support classified Contingency Operations in support of AFRICOM.
- Support their assigned unit up to 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day which can be extended to 12 hours or longer depending on mission requirements.
- Read, write, and speak in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation the required in Swahili and English at a minimum of 3 on the ILR scale.
- Have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translation and interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
- Have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Have the ability to deal inconspicuously with local populace.
- Be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
- Have the ability to serve in a combat zone if necessary.
- Have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress.
- Have the ability to function as an integral member of a team of highly trained professionals responsible for the safety and security of U.S. forces, U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and facilities/resources.
- US Citizen.
- Score a minimum ILR level 3 Swahili and English, Interpretation and Translation
- ACTIVE U.S. SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION