Mission Essential is currently seeking Database Analysts to provide analytical, operational, training and administrative support for the Maritime Intelligence Surveillance Reports Environment databases. The successful candidate will research all available sources, to include OSINT, media, printed material and collateral systems for vessel information relating to its physical and mechanical characteristics, operational capabilities, and ownership. He/she will evaluate the quality of this information and update the relevant database to reflect the most current information.
The Database Analyst will also review, validate and update the relevant database based upon analyses of all available civil maritime data sources, resolving current and historical data accuracy issues.
He/she will also provide training to new personnel within their respective shop, both contractor and government, as well as Navy Reservists. This training will be comprehensive and cover all databases and systems requiring database and user support, as well as blueprint and merchant vessel imagery processing.
- 1-year experience working in the IC.
- 1-year experience performing all-source analysis. A focus on civil maritime shipping, shipbuilding, ship operation, ship characteristics or the Maritime Industry is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, to include MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient research and analysis skills.
- Experience using databases to conduct queries.
- Ability to conduct open source research.
- Ability to author operational intelligence reports and executive level intelligence assessments.
- Familiarity with the Merchant Ship Characteristics Database (MSCDB) and/or AMIDSHIPS database.
- Ability to train Navy reservists performing AMIDSHIP work from the same facility. This will be done on an ad hoc basis and usually be limited to one or two reservists, one to two times per month.
- Ability to use advanced photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and GIMP to edit and process images and blueprints.
- Ability to train branch personnel to perform photo and blueprint processing for the AMIDSHIPS task.
Anticipated Work Schedule