Mission Essential is currently seeking Database Analysts to provide analytical, operational, training and administrative support for the Maritime Intelligence Surveillance Reports Environment databases. The successful candidate will engage in all aspects of daily team production, to include in-depth studies, data pulls, collaborative efforts, analytic exchanges, drafting daily intelligence summaries for senior leadership, baseline assessments (BAs), Maritime OPINTEL Reports (MOREPs), Collection Support Briefs (CSBs), Recognition Guide Updates, Maritime Intelligence Reports (MIRs), and others.
The Database Analyst will provide Intelligence Information Report (IIR) evaluations using HUMINT Online Tasking and Reporting (HOT-R) system, CI and HUMINT Requirements Reporting Operations Management Environment (CHROME) or other DoD systems as designated to develop collection requirements for maritime information. He/she will additionally provide AMIDSHIP database support for the identification, quality control and databasing of photography on merchant ships and those designated as high-interest vessels. He/she will analyze imagery and input data into relevant databases.
The Database Analyst will also review, validate and update the relevant database based upon analyses of all available civil maritime data sources, resolving current and historical data accuracy issues.
- 2 years of experience working in the IC.
- 2 years of experience performing all-source analysis. A focus on civil maritime shipping, shipbuilding, ship operation, ship characteristics or the Maritime Industry is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products - MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to conduct open source research.
- Proficient research and analysis skills.
- Ability to author operational intelligence reports and executive level intelligence assessments.
- Ability to brief mid- to senior-level government civilian and military officials.
- Ability to train Navy reservists performing HOT-R and/or CHROME work from the same facility.
- Ability to train branch personnel to perform the HOT-R and/or CHROME task with regards to processing IIRs.
Anticipated Work Schedule