Languages: Vietnamese and English
Job Description: Senior Translators demonstrate subject matter expertise and the ability to translate target language materials into English.
In addition, each Translator shall have the capability to:
• Support their assignment requests up to 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day
• Translators must possess core linguist skills and proficiency in reading, listening to, and comprehending target language with primary objection of translation into English.
• Translators are responsible for accurate translations and summaries of the foreign language.
• Must be able to communicate in English orally and in writing.
• Must be able to translate text that contain not only facts but abstract language, showing a fundamental ability to capture their intended implications and many nuances.
• Must be able to apply a translation methodology to translate a wide variety of complex texts that contain difficult, abstract, idiomatic, highly technical and colloquial writing.
• Must be able to translate text where lack of linguistic and cultural parallelism between the source language and target language requires precise congruity judgements and the ability to apply a translation methodology.
• Senior: 3-10 years of experience, commensurate training, or education.
• Must have OSE experience
• Must be able to pass a English Test (LAMP)
• Must be able to pass translation testing in Target Language to English at a level 4 on the ILR.
• Must be computer literate, able to type and use Microsoft Office Suite and might be required to use Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
• Must be willing to work shift work
• U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents, and Local Nationals are eligible to apply.