Location: Near East
Job Description: Arabic Data Conditioning Specialists are able to monitor, collect, and condition (structure, categorize/code/tag, highlight, and comment on) foreign open source information to include social media, radio, television, newspapers, blogs, websites, and various internet sites.
In addition, each Arabic Data Conditioning Specialist shall have the capability to:
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise and a keen understanding of the information environment as they identify items meeting mission requirements, condition this data in accordance with sponsor instructions, and, if necessary, import it into data repository designated by the sponsor. Review feeds from English to language sources to determine suitability for further dissemination in the reporting stream and condition/enrich selected items according to sponsor requirements.
• Must have experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet tools, and be able to follow technical instructions for the use of exploitation tools and data-centric processes.
• Must be a native level speaker of language.
• Must have OSE(Open Source Enterprise) experience.
• Must be able to pass a English Test (LAMP)
• Must demonstrate an understanding of information collected from the latest digital media platforms, widely used terminology, find and/or extract information from various sources, and evaluate source authoritativeness and relevance.
• Must be able to describe the information environment, and alert the sponsor to changes, including shifts in the biases, influence, and overall intelligence value of sources.
• Must be willing to work shift work