Entry Exploitation Specialists demonstrate subject matter expertise and a keen understanding of the information environment as they identify items meeting mission requirements, condition this data in accordance with sponsor instructions, and, if necessary, import it into data repository designated by the sponsor. Review feeds from English to language sources to determine suitability for further dissemination in the reporting stream and condition/enrich selected items according to sponsor requirements.
In addition, each Entry Exploitation Specialist shall have the capability to:
· Subject matter expert or education in politics, leadership, culture, religion, international relations, economics, energy, counter proliferation, cyber threats, counter-narcotics, military, science and technology, counterterrorism, or media of a particular country or religion.
· Must be capable of reading, listening to, and comprehending specified language with the primary objective of collecting, evaluating, processing, and enriching open source information to address requirements and properly scoped key intelligence questions.
· Exploitation activities should be focused on identifying and extracting insights from foreign-language data/information.
· Functions: Monitoring/selection, writing reports, research, baseline maintenance, identification of quantitative and qualitative trends, patterns, and relationships in data.
· May be required to have strong foreign and/or English language skills but are not required to formally translate material into English.
· Entry: 0-3 years of experience, commensurate training or education.
· Must have experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet tools, and be able to follow technical instructions for the use of exploitation tools and data-centric processes.
· Must be a native level speaker of language.
· Experience with OSE and OSINT is preferred
· Must demonstrate an understanding of information collected from the latest digital media platforms, widely used terminology, find and/or extract information from various sources, and evaluate source authoritativeness and relevance.
· Must be able to describe the information environment, and alert the sponsor to changes, including shifts in the biases, influence, and overall intelligence value of sources.
· Must be knowledgeable about Internet penetration rates, and patterns of use across a variety of print and broadcast formats, social media platforms, and digital and mobile applications.
- Must be willing to work shift work
- U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents, and Local Nationals are eligible to apply