MOLESWORTH, UNITED KINGDOM
DescriptionGenerate analytic and descriptive documents, using various informational inputs, analytical techniques and research methodologies. These documents will be produced in support of general social-cultural information requirements, and will reinforce information processes such as describing the environment within the first step of the Joint Intelligence Preparation of the Operational Environment (JIPOE) process as well as providing direct input to various Joint Planning Teams (JPTs) and other planning efforts. Coordinate and collaborate with USAFRICOM intelligence analysts and others across the Intelligence Community in the production of Theater Analysis Reports (TARs), Theater Intelligence Reports (TIRs), and Theater Intelligence Briefs (TIBs) as well as any other non-standard production required by the Government. Answer requests for information (RFI’s) upon request and in accordance with the COR's guidance. Deliverables will include specific, often time sensitive topics that normally include the fusion of SIGINT data, tribal/cultural patterns, HUMINT message traffic, imagery, open source, and advanced geospatial technologies. Shall use dense data holdings and data mining to assist in building intuitive graphic models and incorporate them into operational USAFRICOM assessments. Support providing information data layers (for example: road networks, religious sites, tribal boundaries) to the command that will form the baseline effort toward identifying a critical information requirement for USAFRJCOM engagements and operations on the continent of Africa. Support USAFRICOM exercises conducted in their respective region(s) of expertise on an as-requested basis. This will include but is not limited to: scenario development, socio-cultural awareness training, socio-cultural advice to the senior US commander within the exercise, and provide after action report and assessments comments to exercise planners and J2K division in a timely manner (no later than two weeks after exercise). Deliver monthly Africa socio-cultural articles and present briefs relevant and timely to USAFRICOM's mission. All articles and briefs will be published with authors' names and are subject to further distribution. (A REFERRAL FEE OF UP TO $1,000 IS OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION. Referral fee amounts can vary depending upon job position and are subject to change. Ask recruiter for details.)
- Must have at least 4 years of experience related to the job description
- Requires a Master Degree in African studies and at least an additional year of experience working or living in Africa or a developing country with conditions similar to those in Africa.
- Prior on-the-ground experience in the country or region where the mission will take place is desired, but not required.
- Appropriate language skills are preferred to fulfill their duties with minimal reliance on translators. If candidate does not possess language skills, they must have prior experience conducting research through translators.
- Analytic skills demonstrated in written reports or publications that draw on research they have conducted, to be made available for review upon request.
- Experience working in teams and communicating their research findings to non-specialists.
- Must be willing to deploy to the AFRICOM AOR
- Position requires Minimum TS/SCI