DescriptionMission Essential is accepting applications for linguist candidates who speak Serbo-Croation (Serbian Dialect) to provide foreign language interpretation and translation services to support classified Contingency Operations in support of the U.S. Military in Kosovo.
- Support their assigned unit up to 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day which can be extended to 12 hours or longer depending on mission requirements.
- Speak, Read, and Write in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation the required in Serbo-Croation and English at a minimum level 2+ on the ILRT scale. Must also be proficient in the Latin AND Cyrillic Alphabet.
- Have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translation and interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
- Have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Have the ability to deal inconspicuously with local populace if necessary.
- Be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
- Have the ability to serve in a combat zone if necessary.
- Have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress.
- Have the ability to function as an integral member of a team of highly trained professionals responsible for the safety and security of U.S. forces, U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and facilities/resources.
- US Citizen.
- Score a minimum ILR level 2+ Serbo-Croation (Serbian Dialect) and English, Interpretation and Translation. Must be proficient in Latin and Cyrillic Alphabet.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or higher for this position.