The Senior Technical Advisor is stationed with CONUS or OCONUS-based command headquarters to provide coordination with the operations and intelligence staffs and provide technical advice on CITP capabilities, organization, disposition and mission tasking. The STA assists coordinating intelligence exchange between CITP and command analysts. STAs may be located at CENTCOM/SOCOM headquarters, MacDill AFB, Tampa FL, at Ft. Bragg, NC or other command headquarters based mission requirements.
• Government trained intelligence analysts with a minimum of 8 years of intelligence analysis and targeting experience.
• Experience as an intelligence liaison officer or advisor is desired.
• Background in counter-terrorism, counter insurgency, or counter IED analysis and experience as an intelligence or targeting analyst in Afghanistan is desired.
• knowledgeable of the Intelligence Cycle, Collection Management Cycle, Targeting Cycle and intelligence analytic techniques including trend and pattern analysis, geospatial analysis, link analysis and network or social network analysis.
• Experienced with data processing systems such as DCGS-A, CIDNE, and SIPRNET and JWICS search engines.
• working knowledge of Microsoft® Office® tools, including SharePoint® and intelligence analysis tools including i2 Analyst Notebook, AXIS Pro, WebTAS, ArcGIS, and Google Earth.
• proficient at using basic computer applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development; possess strong research and writing skills; and be capable of effectively operating alone in support of tactical, strategic and special operations forces conducting counter insurgent/IED targeting.
• Capable of develop professional briefing materials, and briefing high-ranking civilian and military staff officers and commanders.
• This position requires former military occupational specialty (MOS) 35F, 350F, 35D, 18F, 180A, or DoD joint service equivalent, or civilian 0132, 1811, and a Bachelor’s Degree (may substitute 4 years of experience for education requirement), Master’s Degree preferred.