Candidates will perform all phases of collecting, interpreting, translating, and performing analysis of mission data.
The contract linguist shall be able to do the following:
• Minimum proficiency ALTA Level 9 or 3 on the ILR Scale Target Language Arabic and English for Interpretation and Translation.
• Produce idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and speak (EN and target LIC)
• Conduct consecutive and accurate translations of on-going conversations/activities (EN and Target LIC)
• Familiar with local culture and customs and able to conduct themselves properly
• Deal unobtrusively with the locals
• Adhere to standards of conduct as prescribed by the USAF and host nation laws
• May be required to live and work in harsh, desert environment to include living and working in temporary facilities (tents)
• Function as a member of a team of highly trained professionals and responsible for safety and security of US Military and Civilian personnel and resources.
• Potentially operate government owned vehicles
Locations for work could be in any of the following locations:
• Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait
• Kuwait City Air Base, Kuwait
• Al Jaber, Kuwait
• Arabic + Multiple Dialects to include the following: gulf, Yemeni, Levantine, Egyptian, Iraqi, etc
• Overseas experience with substantive knowledge of various intelligence/information gathering operations
• Minimum of SECRET Clearance to apply
• In-depth knowledge of Middle Eastern or East African affairs, media, and cultural specific nuances
• Ability to use critical thinking/analytic skills to process large amounts of information, detecting important factors and elements