The Site Manager (SM) serves as the site lead for all linguists in the Turkey area of operation. The SM is responsible for all day to day management of linguists located in Turkey. The SM oversees all functions associated with the administration, safety, health and welfare, and overall management of all linguistic support services that directly support United States military and / or coalition forces. The SM maintains appropriate oversight of important functions such as personnel accountability in proprietary Databases, proper time sheet submission, and proper accounting for Mission Essential and government equipment. The Site Manager may also travel throughout the European AOR to support new requirements, project initiatives and serve as the Deputy Project Manager.
• Responsible for employee retention, morale and welfare in assigned area.
• Maintains, updates, and regularly checks proprietary accountability databases.
• Monitors Movement, and Transient reports for newly assigned linguist to country.
• Works with POCs and meet regularly to reconcile rosters of linguists assigned to each unit throughout the region; educate POCs on the INSCOM Linguist Program and their duties and responsibilities as Government agents of the contract.
• Ensures accountability and maintenance for all GFE, CFE, and Government issued property.
• Reports directly to the TOPM; immediately report all significant events or situations.
• Ensure US Hire (USH) linguists charge time IAW Policy and SOPs
• Provides written records to employee of periodic performance counseling.
• Actively promotes / supports retention efforts within the assigned region.
• Knows, abides by, and enforces the contract statement of work (SOW) and General Order #1.
• Directly responsible for the technical and professional training of new linguists.
• Travel within Turkey and other EUCOM AOs to visit linguists, POCs and provide additional support to the EUCOM Management team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field plus 10-12 years related experience in operations management, or, combined equivalent education and experience.
• 5+ Years of Management and supervisory experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to live and work in a deployed environment.
• US Citizen with USPP.
• Top Secret Clearance w/SCI.