IBS provides global dissemination of time sensitive Indications & Warning and Force Protection Data to Warfighters conducting military operations around the world. As such Joint Service and Collaborating Nation IBS Customers require 24/7 access to report and resolve issues in a timely manner to mitigate impact to operations. Contractor employees serve a vital role in supporting the IBS Joint Program. They provide continuity in skills crucial to support military operations.
IMT integrates the talents and skills of Team members to form an IBS Enterprise Support Services Team to provide world class IBS Customer support.
About the Position: IBS CUS Technicians will serve as the focal 24/7 system support for the IBS Kadena CUS (KCUS) Watch. The KCUS provides inject functionality support to the CENTCOM and PACOM theater IBS user community. Technicians will be responsible for monitoring the health & status of the local IBS Uplink site. Frequent interaction with various system engineers and Joint Service users will be required in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Job is in Kadena Air Base Japan
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide 24/7 System IBS Support to the KCUS Watch and Theater Customers
- Monitor systems operational readiness and ensure functional integrity of all local theater uplink site hardware and software components IAW with site SOP.
- Identify, isolate and mitigate local uplink site system issues.
- Provide daily phone support interaction with theater IBS customer to resolve system related issues.
- Assist in larger IBS systemic fault isolation and root cause analysis and as necessary.
- Generate and provide daily uplink site performance reporting IAW site SOP.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in a support role
• Experience with Joint Service intelligence systems and mission support
• Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• Excellent communication skills