DescriptionThe Site Manager (SM) serves as the site lead for all staff and linguists in the CENTCOM area of operation (AO). Locations include Iraq, Kuwait, and Jordan. The SM may be located full time in Kuwait, Iraq or Jordan, depending on the mission. The SM is responsible for all day to day management of staff and linguists located in Iraq and other locations in the CENTCOM AO and will report directly to the Task Order Project Manager (TOPM).
- Oversee all functions associated with the administration, safety, health and welfare, and overall management of all linguistic support services that directly support United States military and / or coalition forces.
- Maintain appropriate oversight of important functions such as personnel accountability in proprietary Databases, proper time sheet submission, and proper accounting for Mission Essential and government equipment. requirements.
- Responsible for employee retention, morale and welfare in assigned area.
- Maintain, update, and regularly check proprietary accountability databases.
- Monitor Movement, and Transient reports for newly assigned linguist to country.
- Work with POCs meet regularly to reconcile rosters of linguists assigned to each unit throughout the region; educate the TLM and POCs on the INSCOM Linguist Program and their duties and responsibilities as Government agents of the contract.
- Ensure staff and linguists maintain and account for all GFE, CFE, and Government issued property.
- Immediately report all significant events or situations to the TOPM.
- Ensure US Hire (USH) linguists charge time IAW Policy and SOPs; Timesheet Revisions submitted in a timely manner, as required.
- Provide written records to employee and self of periodic performance counseling.
- Monitor the Local National Linguist vendor’s performance.
- Monitor Sponsorship vendor’s performance.
- Actively promote / support retention efforts within the assigned region.
- Look after the health and welfare of linguists.
- Know, abide by, and enforce the contract statement of work (SOW) and General Order #1.
- Directly responsible for the technical and professional training of new staff and linguists.
- Travel within Iraq and other CENTCOM locations to visit linguists and POCs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Seven plus (7+) years of management and supervisory experience and 3+ years of operational experience
- Must maintain US Citizenship and a valid US Passport
- Top Secret Clearance w/SCI.
- Willingness to live in harsh environments with travel around the CENTCOM AO.
- Ability to live and work in a deployed environment.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making ability and sound judgement.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree - BS in management or business in related field.
- Prior military experience strongly preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of cultural, economic, geopolitical, and military issues of the Middle East. Previous experience working with linguists in support of Government operations.
- Experience managing large groups of linguist (100+).