The Site Manager (SM) serves as the site lead to the Task Order Project Manager (TOPM) for all linguist support operations to Special Operations Command Africa (SOCAF). The SM will assist the TOPM in all day to day management of linguists assigned to SOCAF in Somalia and Djibouti. The SM oversees all functions associated with the administration, safety, health and welfare, and overall management of all linguistic support services that directly support United States military and / or coalition forces. The SM maintains appropriate oversight of important functions such as personnel accountability in proprietary Databases, proper timesheet submission, and proper accounting for Mission Essential and government equipment. This position may be based primarily based out of Camp Lemonier Djibouti, however, it may change to Somalia. This position requires frequent travel throughout Somalia.
• Responsible for employee retention, morale and welfare in assigned area.
• Maintain, update, and regularly check proprietary accountability databases.
• Monitor Movement, and Transient reports for newly assigned linguist to country.
• Closely coordinate with military POCs to resolve issues, confirm accountability of linguists assigned to each unit throughout the region; educate the POCs on the INSCOM Linguist Program and their duties and responsibilities as Government agents of the contract.
• Ensure linguists maintain and account for all GFE and CFE.
• Ensure timekeeping compliance IAW Policy and SOPs.
• Provide written records of periodic employee performance counseling.
• Look after the health and welfare linguists.
• Directly responsible for the technical and professional training of new linguists.
• Travel to various locations throughout HOA to visit linguists and POCs.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field plus 5-7 years related experience in operations management, or, combined equivalent education and experience. Experience may be substituted for education requirements.
• Experience working in Somalia or the Horn of Africa is strongly preferred
• 7+ Years of Management and supervisory experience.
• US Citizenship with US Passport
• Top Secret Clearance w/SCI.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and military / government officials.
• Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to live, work and travel in a deployed environment.
• A thorough knowledge of cultural, economic, geopolitical, and military issues of the Middle East. Previous experience working with linguists in support of Government operations.
• Prior military experience strongly preferred.
• Experience managing large groups of linguist.
• MBA or MS in related field.