The qualified candidate will be able to translate and perform consecutive interpretation between English and the source language/s. Interpretation may include individual meetings or conference-type settings; simultaneous interpretation skills are a plus, but not required. Work will be performed in a fast-paced environment and requires flexibility. Each linguist is expected to have expertise in a variety of topics ranging from technical to political and military vocabulary and an understanding of a variety of dialects/jargon is a plus. The successful candidate should be willing to travel overseas for extended periods, sometimes to areas of conflict.
Relevant Years of Experience: 3-5 Years of recent and relative experience
Education: College Education in target Language of where language is spoken
Core Skills (must be able to demonstrate ALL in a resume): Interpretation, Translation of Target Language to English, and Translation of English into Target Language
Ancillary Skills (must be able to demonstrate ALL in a resume):Editing, Workflow, Quality Control, and Summarizing/Gisting
Areas of Expertise (must be able to demonstrate ALL in a resume): Religion, Science and Technology, Sponsor Operations
Clearance: Must have a TS/SCI to be considered
• Candidates must be proficient at a level 3/3+ on the ILR or equivalent scale or higher as well as be able to pass an English comprehension test.
• Excellent Target Language and English skills are an absolute must.
• Successful candidates must be able to travel to Northern Virginia to take a Government Proctored Translation and Interpretation Language exam in order to be considered for this position.
Ancillary Skills (must be able to demonstrate experience in a resume): Terminology Management, Translation Related Services, Triage, Subject Matter expertise, and Language Training
Areas of Expertise (must be able to demonstrate experience in a resume): Geospatial, Counter-Proliferation, Counterterrorism, Legal/Law, Military, Narcotics, Cyber, and Economics
• Ability to work as a team
• Ability to give/receive constructive feedback on translation reviews
• Ability to type no less than 45wpm in English and in the target language
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite
• Must be able to qualify on weapons to meet WZ requirements if needed
• Medically fit to travel if needed for a TDY mission
• Willingness to travel to meet changing mission needs - "anywhere, anytime"
• Must have cultural knowledge and be knowledgeable in current events for their area of expertise
• All candidates must pass the English test with a score of 80% or above
• All candidates must provide a copy of their current US passport