ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Forge strong relationships with customers, employees and internal stakeholders
• Work closely with OCONUS and CONUS project team to accomplish department and program goals and objectives
• Responsible for optimization and efficiencies of the programs and task orders. Accountable for all aspects of assigned contract execution.
• Develop, maintain and approve project processes and procedures.
• Take lead in subcontractor and vendor management
• Travel TDY to various locations in the US and abroad
• Participate in business development and contribute to proposal development
• Contribute to the development of program and project management plans
• Assume lead role in contract start up, transition and close out.
• Other duties as assigned
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in business related field or PMP (preferred); or comparable experience in substitution of formal education
• 8 years of management experience, including 5 years of supervisory experience
• 5-10 years of project and or program management experience with strong understanding of executing projects in contingency environments
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior organizational leadership, military officials, managers and subordinates both up and down the chain of command
• 5 or more years working in the language industry or managing professional services contracts is highly desirable
• Strong understanding of program financial and performance metrics
• Strong knowledge of human resources, contracts, quality assurance, risk management
• Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment.
• Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office applications
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of military customs, courtesies, and procedures