Specifically, the linguist will:
• Support their assigned unit up to 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day which can be extended to 12 hours or longer depending on mission requirements.
• Speak, Read, and Write in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation the required languages, Modern Standard Arabic and English.
• Have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translation and interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
• Have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
• Have the ability to deal inconspicuously with local populace if necessary.
• Be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
• Have the ability to serve in a combat zone if necessary.
• Have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress.
• Have the ability to function as an integral member of a team of highly trained professionals responsible for the safety and security of U.S. forces, U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and facilities/resources.
• US Citizens Only
• Score a minimum ILR level 3 Modern Standard Arabic in Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Listening
• Score a minimum ILR level 2+ in English Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Listening
• Candidates who hold an ACTIVE security clearance are preferred, will review candidates eligible to be processed for a security clearance.
• Will be hiring for CAT II and CAT III Interim Secret or higher only – positions in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia