The Task Order Area Manager (TOAM) serves as the lead for staff and linguists in their assigned region in Afghanistan. The TOAM is responsible for all day to day management of staff and linguists located in Afghanistan. The TOAM oversees all functions associated with the administration, safety, health and welfare, and overall management of all linguistic support services that directly support United States military and / or coalition forces. The TOAM maintains appropriate oversight of important functions such as personnel accountability in proprietary Databases, proper time sheet submission, and proper accounting for Mission Essential and government equipment.
• Responsible for employee retention, morale and welfare in assigned area.
• Maintain, update, and regularly check proprietary accountability databases.
• Monitor Movement, and Transient reports for newly assigned linguist to country.
• Work with POCs meet regularly to reconcile rosters of linguists assigned to each unit throughout the region; educate the TLM and POCs on the INSCOM Linguist Program and their duties and responsibilities as Government agents of the contract.
• Ensure staff and linguists maintain and account for all GFE, CFE, and Government issued property.
• Report directly to the TOPM; immediately report all significant events or situations.
• Ensure US Hire (USH) linguists charge time IAW Policy and SOPs; Timesheet Revisions submitted in a timely manner, as required.
• Provide written records to employee and self of periodic performance counseling.
• Monitor the Local National Linguist vendor’s performance.
• Monitor Sponsorship vendor’s performance.
• Actively promote / support retention efforts within the assigned region.
• Look after the health and welfare of linguists.
• Know, abide by, and enforce the contract statement of work (SOW) and General Order #1.
• Directly responsible for the technical and professional training of new staff and linguists.
• Travel within Afghanistan to visit linguists and POCs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• B.S. or B.A. degree OR 20 year career in the Military, retired as an E-7 or higher OR DAWIA Level II Project Management certification
• Twelve (12) years of management experience, including 5 years of supervisory experience within the last 10 years.
• Willingness to live and work in harsh environments with travel around Afghanistan
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to live and work in a deployed environment.
• Valid US Passport
• Top Secret Clearance w/SCI.
• Prior military experience strongly preferred.
• A thorough knowledge of cultural, economic, geopolitical, and military issues of the Middle East. Previous experience working with linguists in support of Government operations.
• Experience managing large groups of linguist (100+).
• PMP certification